- Patience is key: It is any parent’s instinct to try and discipline a crying child by being stern, but as a parent, it is best to keep cool.
- Preparation: For a day-out or a trip, carry snacks and some of your baby’s favourite toys to help distract them. A handy tip: Introducing one toy at a time should keep your little one engaged when they have a bout of tears.
- Planning: Avoid planning things when you know your baby will be drowsy, tired or hungry. Try to plan activities for your child when they are in a playful, adventurous mood.
- Walking away: Spending time with your child is such a rewarding aspect of parenthood, but can get daunting at times. If your child’s crying is getting to you and you're starting to feel tense, take a deep, long breath and walk away for just a few minutes and clear your mind. Think of it as a time out, but for you!
- Provide comfort: Babies sometimes cry for no reason, and sometimes the best thing to do, is to do nothing. Keep comforting them and hopefully they’ll settle down in no time.
- Distractions: Use a diversion (favourite toy / a song / a way of cuddling) as quickly as possible when you sense your little one might throw a fit to distract them.
- Stick to what you know: Your baby, just like any baby will cry in public. It's their way of expression, and sure, this can be really tense. Try not to stress out, and don't change your method of dealing with tantrums. Studies have shown that a shift in tactics won't be successful in curbing those little outbursts.
- Check your baby: Sometimes, more often than not, a simple check will do wonders when your child is crying. Maybe they could be hungry, sleepy, tired or just need a quick diaper change.
- You aren't alone: Remember that parents all over the world go through what you do, and let this be another curve in the wonderful journey of parenthood.
- Positivity: As tough as it may seem, having a calm and positive outlook will be extremely rewarding in the later years of parenthood. Children are very intuitive and can sometimes pick up on their parent's moods, and you staying positive might help them stop crying!
10 Things to keep in mind for soothing your crying baby.
All you need to know about your child’s bedwetting issue!
Dear parent, frustrating as it may be, bedwetting is a natural part of your child’s development and growth. Toilet training is but one of the dozens of skills that babies learn at different rates. What is Bedwetting? Bedwetting refers to...
You can help your child overcome his bedwetting
Shame and guilt are two major feelings that many children have around bedwetting. With early and positive parental intervention, your growing children can overcome this issue without much trouble. A common childhood problem that...
Ways to make vaccination process easier.
You always want only the best for your child’s health. Thus, it becomes important to follow proper immunisation so that they remain protected from certain harmful diseases. Immunisation also reduces the spread of certain harmful diseases in the local community, and hence childhood immunisation was implemented.
ARTICLE WITH TOPIC
What is the new bubble wala huggies.
Picture this: You’ve just delivered your little one and are ready to finally leave the hospital. That’s happiness you just can’t contain! Many new experiences and feelings await. And one of those new experiences, which may...
5 Things to keep in mind while you use a car seat.
Have you observed how excited children get at the idea of going out? That’s because kids love to get out of the house and explore new places. Before you get behind the wheel to drive your little one to a new place, you need to ensure your...
Music therapy for babies.
Were you aware that your little one has the ability to absorb sound, speech and music from very early on? When they are about 24 days old they can identify slight changes in rhythms and even recognize different family member’s voices....
Changing diapers can be a challenging, especially for a new mother. It is as important to know, as it is to know which is the right diaper for your baby. In this section we will try to help you understand important things like diaper rashes, how many times to change diapers and how to make sure your baby is comfortable in diapers.
Importance and benefits of playing outdoors.
Both indoor and outdoor play experiences are important for children's development. While recent research has shown...
Understanding your baby's behaviour.
As a parent, you must have often caught yourself asking such questions: "Why isn’t my 2-year-old as obedient as my neighbours?” or “Why does my child throw his toys around and start crying every time I get on a phone...