- Patience is key: It is any parent’s instinct to try and discipline a crying child by being stern, but as a parent, it is best to keep cool.
- Preparation: For a day-out or a trip, carry snacks and some of your baby’s favourite toys to help distract them. A handy tip: Introducing one toy at a time should keep your little one engaged when they have a bout of tears.
- Planning: Avoid planning things when you know your baby will be drowsy, tired or hungry. Try to plan activities for your child when they are in a playful, adventurous mood.
- Walking away: Spending time with your child is such a rewarding aspect of parenthood, but can get daunting at times. If your child’s crying is getting to you and you're starting to feel tense, take a deep, long breath and walk away for just a few minutes and clear your mind. Think of it as a time out, but for you!
- Provide comfort: Babies sometimes cry for no reason, and sometimes the best thing to do, is to do nothing. Keep comforting them and hopefully they’ll settle down in no time.
- Distractions: Use a diversion (favourite toy / a song / a way of cuddling) as quickly as possible when you sense your little one might throw a fit to distract them.
- Stick to what you know: Your baby, just like any baby will cry in public. It's their way of expression, and sure, this can be really tense. Try not to stress out, and don't change your method of dealing with tantrums. Studies have shown that a shift in tactics won't be successful in curbing those little outbursts.
- Check your baby: Sometimes, more often than not, a simple check will do wonders when your child is crying. Maybe they could be hungry, sleepy, tired or just need a quick diaper change.
- You aren't alone: Remember that parents all over the world go through what you do, and let this be another curve in the wonderful journey of parenthood.
- Positivity: As tough as it may seem, having a calm and positive outlook will be extremely rewarding in the later years of parenthood. Children are very intuitive and can sometimes pick up on their parent's moods, and you staying positive might help them stop crying!
10 Things to keep in mind for soothing your crying baby.
All about your baby's brain development.
Raising a child in today’s fast world can be daunting. There’s always an immense pressure on children, and by extension on you as a parent to do so much more. The competition begins at such an early age, along with more and more confusion...
Tips to develop you toddler's verbal skills.
Your little one has begun to show her enthusiasm and is trying to catch up with all the talking. Let’s look at some of the simple yet effective ways to keep her talking. Keep your communication short, sweet and simple This way your...
Male fertility and female fertility – know the difference.
The basics of male fertility a sperm’s life-cycle is around 3 months. That is why when male fertility treatment involves changes in diet or environment, couples are asked to wait for 3 months before trying for pregnancy again. Low male...
ARTICLE WITH TOPIC
Diaper duty made easy and fun.
Diaper duty! It’s a messy situation but somebody’s got to do it. We know it’s not the most enjoyable aspect of parenting, but it’s a necessary one, so why not make the most of it? The secret to changing diapers quickly and...
Music therapy for babies.
Were you aware that your little one has the ability to absorb sound, speech and music from very early on? When they are about 24 days old they can identify slight changes in rhythms and even recognize different family member’s voices....
Everything you need to know about diaper disposal.
No matter whether you’re at home or on the road, you’ll be throwing the diaper in the trash, but it’s important that you follow the proper steps, first...
Thinking and reasoning during toddlerhood.
As your little one approaches the age of 2, they start to understand who they are and who the people around them are. They start to develop a sense of self and learn to grasp cause and effect. This is because their thinking abilities have started to...
Buying the best baby diapers.
A newborn baby needs 2 very important things: it’s mother’s milk and frequent diaper changes! As new parents you will probably change over a thousand diapers, so it’s important to pick the best newborn diapers for your little one....
The 3 types of intelligence your baby has.
Your little one’s brain learns better when it’s challenged with new information. As a parent, you might know babies are very sensitive to their environments and can pick up on a lot while still infants. But did you know that babies have...