- Patience is key: It is any parent’s instinct to try and discipline a crying child by being stern, but as a parent, it is best to keep cool.
- Preparation: For a day-out or a trip, carry snacks and some of your baby’s favourite toys to help distract them. A handy tip: Introducing one toy at a time should keep your little one engaged when they have a bout of tears.
- Planning: Avoid planning things when you know your baby will be drowsy, tired or hungry. Try to plan activities for your child when they are in a playful, adventurous mood.
- Walking away: Spending time with your child is such a rewarding aspect of parenthood, but can get daunting at times. If your child’s crying is getting to you and you're starting to feel tense, take a deep, long breath and walk away for just a few minutes and clear your mind. Think of it as a time out, but for you!
- Provide comfort: Babies sometimes cry for no reason, and sometimes the best thing to do, is to do nothing. Keep comforting them and hopefully they’ll settle down in no time.
- Distractions: Use a diversion (favourite toy / a song / a way of cuddling) as quickly as possible when you sense your little one might throw a fit to distract them.
- Stick to what you know: Your baby, just like any baby will cry in public. It's their way of expression, and sure, this can be really tense. Try not to stress out, and don't change your method of dealing with tantrums. Studies have shown that a shift in tactics won't be successful in curbing those little outbursts.
- Check your baby: Sometimes, more often than not, a simple check will do wonders when your child is crying. Maybe they could be hungry, sleepy, tired or just need a quick diaper change.
- You aren't alone: Remember that parents all over the world go through what you do, and let this be another curve in the wonderful journey of parenthood.
- Positivity: As tough as it may seem, having a calm and positive outlook will be extremely rewarding in the later years of parenthood. Children are very intuitive and can sometimes pick up on their parent's moods, and you staying positive might help them stop crying!
10 Things to keep in mind for soothing your crying baby.
You can help your child overcome his bedwetting
Shame and guilt are two major feelings that many children have around bedwetting. With early and positive parental intervention, your growing children can overcome this issue without much trouble. A common childhood problem that...
All you need to know about your child’s bedwetting issue!
Dear parent, frustrating as it may be, bedwetting is a natural part of your child’s development and growth. Toilet training is but one of the dozens of skills that babies learn at different rates. What is Bedwetting? Bedwetting refers to...
Implanon removal is one of the most popular forms of hormonal contraception currently being used by women. This is because it’s cost effective, low risk and one of the safest forms of contraception available. Though like many...
ARTICLE WITH TOPIC
Diaper duty made easy and fun.
Diaper duty! It’s a messy situation but somebody’s got to do it. We know it’s not the most enjoyable aspect of parenting, but it’s a necessary one, so why not make the most of it? The secret to changing diapers quickly and...
Understanding your baby's behaviour.
As a parent, you must have often caught yourself asking such questions: "Why isn’t my 2-year-old as obedient as my neighbours?” or “Why does my child throw his toys around and start crying every time I get on a phone...
Thinking and reasoning during toddlerhood.
As your little one approaches the age of 2, they start to understand who they are and who the people around them are. They start to develop a sense of self and learn to grasp cause and effect. This is because their thinking abilities have started to...
Everything you need to know about diaper disposal.
No matter whether you’re at home or on the road, you’ll be throwing the diaper in the trash, but it’s important that you follow the proper steps, first...
Baby proofing the house - What does it mean?
As your little one starts to learn more and grow, they will want to crawl around and get their hands on everything to quench their undying curiosity. Baby proofing your house simply means converting your house into a child-friendly environment. Every...
How do you know when to size up on diapers?
Have you ever tried reading the size guidelines on the side of a box of diapers? If so, you've quickly realized just how tricky diaper sizing can be. Perhaps your baby's current diapers are ever-so-slightly snug, but you're not quite sure if your...